Professional institutes across the globe face the challenge of ensuring attendance and participation of students in regular classes to improve their academic standards. Our experience has taught us that the most important assurance regarding the performance of students comes from his/her regular attendance in the classes. Our best-performing students, toppers and distinction holders have attendance constantly above 95%. To ensure the same and also the eligibility for appearing in examinations are not left to chance. University has an Attendance cell which monitors the student's attendance in theory and practical/clinic classes of all the constituent colleges and schools. It mainly aims to identify early signs of absenteeism and poor performance.
OBJECTIVES AND TASKS:
- To monitor student’s attendance in theory, practicals and clinics.
- To monitor the proper conduction classes as per university norms.
- To address the students’ grievances regarding attendance.
- To identify and counsel students with less attendance and chronically absent.
- To maintain communication with parents/guardians.
- To maintain and ensure transparency of records.
The university strictly adheres to the attendance criteria (subject-wise) for eligibility in University examinations which are as follows:
- Theory: Greater than OR equal to 75%
- Practical/Clinics: Greater than OR equal to 80%
(Remaining 20% includes all absence like sickness, other leaves, etc.) The student failing to attain the required progressive attendance in a particular subject is not eligible to appear in University Examinations in that subject.
CONSTITUTION OF ATTENDANCE CELL :
Every constituent faculty of the University i.e. Medical, Dental, Ayurveda, Physiotherapy, Nursing, Engineering, Pharmacy, School of Allied Health Sciences, School of Allied Sciences and Distance & online education each have an Attendance cell unit.
Convener Attendance cell DMIHER (Deemed to be University) : - Dr. Tanvi Jaiswal , Associate Professor,. Sharad Pawar Dental College.
||Dr. Tanvi Jaiswal
||Convener, DMIHER (DU)
||Dr.Pramita Muntode Gharde
||Dr. Deepali Mohite
||Dr. Rizwan Gilani
||Dr. Devyani Dasar
||Dr. Swapna Jawade
||Mrs. Pranita Jirvankar
||Co-convener , DMCOP
||Mr. Chetan Puri
||Dr. Lajwanti Lalwani Adwani
||Dr. Swati P Panbude
||Mr. Chetan Parlikar
Policy Guidelines Regarding Leave Of Under Graduate Students
RULES REGARDING DATE OF JOINING AFTER ADMISSION:
- A candidate is expected to join on or before 7 days after the admission procedure. Clause 1 – Prior written permission will be required by the Head of the Institution stating specific reasons; if the candidate wishes to join later than the due period.
- The attendance will not be considered if the student fails to produce the permission letter from the Head of the Institution after joining late.
RULES REGARDING LEAVE APPLICATION ON PERSONAL GROUNDS:
- The University does not provide attendance for leave under personal grounds like family functions, ailment afflicting of family members, health check–ups, the sudden demise of relatives etc. Clause 2 - Under exceptional circumstances, the final authority lies with the Head of the Institution.
- NRI students can be permitted attendance for the period required for visa renewal after producing necessary documents.
RULES REGARDING LEAVE APPLICATION ON MEDICAL GROUNDS:
- The leave under medical grounds will be considered for a period not exceeding 7 days. However, the leave will only be considered if the medical certificate is duly attested by the Chief Medical Officer or Civil Surgeon, if not from teaching hospitals.
- The leave under surgical grounds/accidents will be considered for a period not exceeding 10 days. However, the leave will only be considered if the Medical Certificate is duly attested by the Chief Medical Officer/Civil Surgeon/Medical superintendent of teaching hospitals after presenting before the Medical Board of AVBRH.
The Medical Certificate can be produced after the candidate joins or it can be sent via post or email to the attendance cell. Clause 3 - Leaves exceeding the above mentioned period will only be considered under exceptional cases and the authority will strictly lie with the Head of the Institution which in any case shall not exceed to 15% of discretionary power vested with the Head of the Institution.
RULES REGARDING LEAVE FOR REPRESENTING INSTITUTION IN CONFERENCE/SPORTS/CULTURAL MEET/OTHER EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITIES ETC:
- The candidate will be permitted for attendance during the period in which he/she represents the Institute conferences/sports/cultural meets/other extracurricular activities etc. along with the period of travel after the student produces a certificate of attendance/participation.
- Usernames and passwords, to parents of First Year students, are sent by bulk SMS, regular mail and email at the beginning of the session.
- Daily and monthly attendance is displayed for students to keep track of their records.
- Student’s grievances regarding attendance are addressed.
- Quarterly letters regarding less attendance are sent to Dean, HOD and Parents.
- Show cause notice to exam going students for short of attendance is sent in September and February every year.
- Detention letters are sent to parents of detained students in October and April every year.
Email - email@example.com